Early November will be busy! First, BAARN is having their annual meeting in the Boston area on 6 Nov. See below a note from Michael Gilmore with details. If you are in Boston on that day, I highly recommend this meeting as a superb scientific event & networking opportunity.
Second, you can then go from BAARN to BARDA’s Industry Days in DC on 7-8 Nov. Here’s the registration link for more details. This is an opportunity to learn about BARDA’s strategic goals for FY18 and beyond while networking with members of ASPR, BARDA, AMCG and other government and industry stakeholders. If you are consider US government funding, this is a great way to learn about working with BARDA and its USG partners.
All best wishes, –jr
John H. Rex, MD | Chief Medical Officer, F2G Ltd. | Chief Strategy Officer, CARB-X | Expert-in-Residence, Wellcome Trust. Follow me on Twitter: @JohnRex_NewAbx. See past newsletters and subscribe for the future: http://amr.solutions/blog/
Mike writes: Tickets for the 2017 annual Boston Area Antibiotic Resistance Network meeting are now available at this link. The event will be on 6 Nov 2017 at the American Academy of Arts and Science’s Norton Woods Conference Center, adjacent to the Harvard campus (200 Beacon St., Somverville MA). The auditorium is limited to 200 attendees, so register early and notify friends and associates you know to be interested.
In response to feedback from last year, there will be more opportunity for 1-on-1 networking throughout the day. There will also be a rapid fire session for new biotechs to introduce their new efforts to the community.
8:00 – 8:30 Registration
8:35 Session I: Advances in new therapeutics
10:15 – 11:00 Networking over coffee
11:00 Session II: Advances in alternatives to antibiotics for managing host microbe interactions
12:15 Lunch and more networking
2:00 Session III: Advances in Diagnostics
3:40 – 4:00 Short Break
4:00 Federal resources that can help (NIH Research Resources & Translational. Research DMID)
4:30 Short poster pitches from select treatment or diagnostic biotech startups
5:15 Networking and posters
Upcoming meetings of interest to the AMR community:
- 1 Oct 2017 (London): BSAC: AMR Market Lounges. Networking day.
- 4-8 Oct 2017 (San Diego): IDWeek
- 10 Oct 2017 (Hanoi): UK-Vietnam Newton Fund Pre-Call Workshop on Partnership for Infectious Disease Research 2017
- [NEW] 12-13 Oct 2017 (Berlin): AMR Call to Action Conference – contact email@example.com for more info
- 15 Oct 2017: Global Handwashing Day!
- 29 Oct-1 Nov 2017 (Santa Fe): Keystone Symposium – Antimicrobials and Resistance: Opportunities and Challenges
- 2 Nov 2017 (London): BSAC: AMR Market Lounges. Networking day.
- [NEW] 6 Nov 2017 (Boston): BAARN (Boston-Area Antimicrobial Resistance Network), Annual Meeting for 2017
- [NEW] 7-8 Nov 2017 (Washington, DC): BARDA Industry Days
- 11-19 Nov 2017 (Annecy, France): International Course on Antibiotics and Resistance (ICARE)
- 13-19 Nov 2017 WHO’s World Antibiotic Awareness Week
- 20 Nov 2017 (week of, China): UK-China Newton Fund Workshop: Antimicrobial Resistance Centre Partnerships Initiative.
- 20 Nov 2017 (London): Early Career Researcher Workshop on Diagnostics for Antimicrobial Resistance.
- 24-27 Nov 2017 (Taipei): 30th International Congress of Chemotherapy & Infection (ICC)
- 12-14 Feb 2018 (Baltimore): ASM Biothreats Conference
- 11-16 Mar 2018 (Ventura Beach): Gordon Research Conference on Antibacterial Discovery
- 21-24 Apr 2018 (Madrid): ECCMID
- 7-11 Jun 2018 (Atlanta): ASM Microbe
- 22-27 Jul 2018 (Bryant University, Smithfield, RI): Gordon Research Conference on Drug Resistance for Cancer, Infectious Disease and Agriculture