Funding for R&D
- Novo REPAIR Impact Fund has an open global call that ends on 7 May 2021. Go here for current details.
- NIAID’s 2021 Broad Agency Announcement for product development is entitled “Development of Medical Countermeasures for Biothreat Agents, Antimicrobial-Resistant Infections an Emerging Infectious Diseases” and is now live with a 24 May 2021 deadline. Research areas include Vaccines, Therapeutics, and Sequencing-Based Diagnostics.
- CARB-X recently announced that their existing resources will be reserved to fund their existing portfolio (more than 80 total awards, and counting, as they include contracting from prior rounds). New rounds from CARB-X will occur only after new funding is obtained in 2021.
- It’s not a funder, but AiCuris’ AiCubator offers incubator support to very early stage projects. Read more about it here.
- The Global AMR R&D Hub’s dynamic dashboard (link) summarizes the global clinical development pipeline, incentives for AMR R&D, and investors/investments in AMR R&D.
- In addition to the lists provided by the Global AMR R&D Hub, you might also be interested in my most current lists of R&D incentives (link) and priority pathogens (link).
Dear All, Stella Kyriakides, the European Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, made some really interesting statements before the European Parliament’s health committee (ENVI) on Thursday of last week (22 April). Per this Exchange of Views on the EP’s multimedia center and this news report, here are some highlights: In the Exchange of Views at 00:03:44, she said: “Later
Dear All, Three global conversations to put on your listen-to-this list! One is this coming week, one is during ECCMID, and one is a video you can listen to now! First up and happening in just a few days on Thursday 29 Apr (10a-6p EST), please mark your calendar for a UN General Assembly High-Level interactive