Funding for R&D
- FDA have released RFPs for work on breakpoint updates, impact of extended duration infusion beta-lactam therapy, and development of PROs for NTM, ABPA, and coccidioidomycosis. All have 28 Jan 2021 deadlines for an initial Quad Chart and White Paper. See this newsletter for more details.
- The US Department of Defense is funding pre-clinical research on small molecules vs. P. aeruginosa. See this newsletter for details. The deadline is 18 Feb 2021.
- FDA have announced two fellowship opportunities (one for research on ordinal endpoints, one for research on endpoints in cUTI), both with a 26 Feb 2021 deadline. See this newsletter for more details.
- CDC has released an RFP entitled “Safe Healthcare, Epidemiology, and Prevention Research Development (SHEPheRD)” that seeks support for a broad range of healthcare epidemiology projects. See this newsletter for details. The deadline is 3 Mar 2021.
- The Stockholm-based PAR Foundation seeks applications for projects with the potential to prevent infections and antimicrobial resistance in the elderly. Grants can be for up to 1M SEK (~$120,000) for projects running up to 3 years. The deadline for applications is 10 Mar 2021; go here for further details.
- JPIAMR has an open research call entitled “One Health interventions to prevent or reduce the development and transmission of AMR.” More details on the call are here; the deadline for pre-proposals is 16 Mar 2021.
- The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Applicant Assistance Program (AAP) provides no cost support for companies planning to apply for a Phase II, Fast Track, or Direct-to-Phase II SBIR or STTR Award. Go here for details.
- Novo REPAIR Impact Fund closed its most recent round on 31 Jul 2020. Go here for current details.
- CARB-X recently announced that their existing resources will be reserved to fund their existing portfolio (75 total awards, and counting and they conclude contracting on prior rounds), including future options on those awards. New rounds from CARB-X will occur only after new funding is obtained in 2021.
- The Global AMR R&D Hub’s dynamic dashboard (link) summarizes funders and projects by geography, stage, and more.
- It’s not a funder, but AiCuris’ AiCubator offers incubator support to very early stage projects. Read more about it here.
- Finally, you might also be interested in the most current lists of R&D incentives (link) and priority pathogens (link)
Dear All, For those of you who enjoy listening to learn, here are some updates to recent newsletters that you might enjoy: 9 Jan 2021 (newsletter): “All-In Cost of a New Antibiotic From Discovery to 10 Years on Market“ As you’ll recall, the key point is that the all-in cost is ~$1.7b per new molecule after
Dear All, JPIAMR is today launching an international call entitled “One Health interventions to prevent or reduce the development and transmission of AMR.” The call, with financial support from the European Commission, includes 30 funding organisations from 21 JPIAMR member countries and has a total estimated call budget of 24.9 million Euro. Here’s the description of