Funding for R&D
- The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Applicant Assistance Program (AAP) opens on October 22, 2020. This program provides no cost support for companies planning to apply for a Phase II, Fast Track, or Direct-to-Phase II SBIR or STTR Award. Go here for details.
- Novo REPAIR Impact Fund closed its most recent round on 31 Jul 2020. Go here for current details.
- 2020 funding rounds for CARB-X have not been announced.
- The Global AMR R&D Hub’s dynamic dashboard (link) summarizes funders and projects by geography, stage, and more.
- It’s not a funder, but AiCuris’ AiCubator offers incubator support to very early stage projects. Read more about it here.
- ARLG (Antibiotic Resistance Leadership Group, link) is currently open for applications for its 2-year ARLG Fellowship program. The application deadline is 1 Dec 2020; full details are here.
- Finally, you might also be interested in the most current lists of R&D incentives (link) and priority pathogens (link)
Dear All, I know we are all really, really tired of COVID but it certainly is not tired of us! The recent news on the vaccine front is exciting, but my personal guess is that we’re unlikely to see large-scale gatherings during 2021 … it’s just going to take time to get everybody vaccinated. So,
Dear All, Today we have a bit of a potpourri for WAAW (World Antibiotic Awareness Week). Lots of good stuff… In the new meetings category, we have two meetings for investors seeking social impact: 23 Nov 2020 (online, 6-7p CET): Webinar sponsored by Access to Medicine Foundation (ATM) entitled “The Materiality of Superbugs: Investor Action