There are days when I have the feeling of drinking from a fire hose … and this is one of them! Multiple interesting new events have crossed my radar in the past 48 hours with topics that span AMR Awareness (two events in Geneva next week!), CNS infections (Rockville, MD), an EMA info-day for SMEs (London), One Health (Saskatoon), a networking event during ASM Microbe, a webinar on clinical trials, and a workshop on clinical trials (Seville).
It is wonderful see all this energy focused on AMR. Mark your calendars!
All best wishes, –jr
John H. Rex, MD | Chief Medical Officer, F2G Ltd. | Expert-in-Residence, Wellcome Trust. Follow me on Twitter: @JohnRex_NewAbx. See past newsletters and subscribe for the future: http://amr.solutions/blog/
Upcoming meetings of interest to the AMR community:
- [NEW] 22 May 2018 (Geneva): Global Challenges in Antimicrobial Resistance, an event sponsored by GARDP and PLOS. Register here. Includes announcement of a new Antimicrobial Resistance Channel sponsored by PLOS.
- [NEW] 23 May 2018 (Geneva): International Global Health and Antimicrobial Resistance Workshop, an event sponsored by World Federation of Public Health Associations (WFPHA). Register & program summary here.
- [NEW] 21-26 May 2018 (Geneva): Other events in & around the World Health Assembly. There may well be other AMR-related events … if you are aware of same, please let me know!
- 7-11 Jun 2018 (Atlanta): ASM Microbe
- [NEW] 8 June 2018 (Atlanta): Antibiotic R&D Networking Event hosted by Pew Trusts and GARDP. Venue details and registration are here.
- 12-13 Jun 2018 (Washington): National Academies of Science workshop: Understanding the Economics of Microbial Threats
- [NEW] 13 June 2018 (webinar): The first of a series of GARDP+CARB-Xed webinars on development: Antibacterial drugs: clinical development for non-developers Part 1: Traditional development – tiers A and B
- 14 June 2018 (Washington): Duke-Margolis & FDA event: (link to register) “Understanding the Development Challenges Associated with Emerging Non-Traditional Antibiotics”
- 21-22 Jun 2018 (London): joint EMA-FDA-PMDA workshop on pediatric development of antibacterial agents.
- [NEW] 22-26 Jun 2018 (Saskatoon, Canada): 5th International One Health Congress, including a dedicated AMR track
- 22-27 Jul 2018 (Bryant University, Smithfield, RI): Gordon Research Conference on Drug Resistance for Cancer, Infectious Disease and Agriculture
- [link added] 21-22 Aug 2018 (Rockville, MD): NIAID-NINDS-DTRA workshop entitled “Infectious Disease in The CNS and Therapeutic Strategies to Cross the Blood-Brain Barrier”
- 4-7 Sep 2018 ESCMID-ASM Conference (#3) on Drug Development for AMR (Lisbon, Portugal)
- 24-28 Sep 2018 (Big Sky, Montana): MSG-ERC (Mycoses Study Group) Biennal meeting
- 3-7 Oct 2018 (San Francisco): ID Week
- 6-14 Oct 2018 International Course on Antibiotics and Resistance (ICARe, Les Pensières, Annecy, France)
- [NEW] 26 Oct 2018 (London): EMA information day for SMEs: “Regulatory toolbox for medicines and combined devices developers”. Here is the current agenda. Webcast will be available. More details from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- [NEW] 7-9 Nov 2018 (Seville, Spain): Better Methods for Clinical Studies in Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology: A Hands-on Workshop