Dear All, I think it’s worth a newsletter to call your attention to several upcoming meetings. In addition to the 30 Aug CDC-FDA webinar on “Drug Development Considerations for the Prevention of Healthcare-Associated Infections” and PACCARB’s 12-13 Sep 2022 pandemic wargaming event, we have these 3 meetings. The first two just now hit my radar and the 3rd is worth a shout-out:
- 15 Sep 2022 (virtual, 2-4p ET): Duke-Margolis webinar entitled “Advancing Bacterial Diagnostic Development.”
- Mark McClellan’s team at Duke-Margolis consistently assembles instructive webinars and this one will focus on strategies for regulatory clearance of new diagnostics. Don’t miss it!
- Go here for more details and to register.
- 22 Sep 2022 (virtual, 8.30-5.00p ET): FDA Advisory Committee discussing an application for approval of Rebyota (Fecal Microbiota, Live) with a requested indication to “reduce the recurrence of Clostridioides difficile infection (CDI) in adults following antibiotic treatment for recurrent Clostridioides difficile infection.”
- The P3 data on this product showed superiority over placebo … and the AdComm will doubtless be an important master class for everyone interested in microbiome-based therapies.
- Go here for details.
- 4-7 Oct 2022 (Dublin, Ireland): The 2022 ASM/ESCMID Joint Conference on Drug Development to Meet the Challenge of Antimicrobial Resistance.
All best wishes, –jr
John H. Rex, MD | Chief Medical Officer, F2G Ltd. | Operating Partner, Advent Life Sciences. Follow me on Twitter: @JohnRex_NewAbx. See past newsletters and subscribe for the future: https://amr.solutions/blog/. All opinions are my own.