- Accelerator Lead: coordinates the work of the growing accelerator network for all CARB-X-funded companies.
- Support Team Lead (three positions): takes responsibility for managing the full range of support capabilities for 10-15 biotech and pharma companies in the Powered by CARB-X portfolio.
- Director of Finance and Compliance: coordinates multiple partners and sub-grant recipients to ensure financial operations are in line with plans, plays a critical role in budget forecasting and planning processes, and more.
- Project Manager: plays a critical role in the planning and execution of the funding cycles and coordination of pre-award and post-award activities.
- Cycle Lead (two positions): takes full ownership of $20-50M funding Cycles from the preparatory stages through the three step application process, leading to the selection of a dozen or more additional companies for milestone-based awards.
As you hopefully already know, CARB-X began mid-2016 to award more than $455 million for research over a five-year period. I recently wrote about their search for new accelerators and it is good to see this continued expansion of their team. As one of the largest public-private research partnerships in the world. CARB-X is building an extraordinary pipeline of AMR-focused projects. If one of these opportunities intrigues, please check out the complete job postings online.
All best wishes, –jr
John H. Rex, MD | Chief Medical Officer, F2G Ltd. | Expert-in-Residence, Wellcome Trust. Follow me on Twitter: @JohnRex_NewAbx. See past newsletters and subscribe for the future: http://amr.solutions/blog/
Upcoming meetings of interest to the AMR community:
- 12-14 Feb 2018 (Baltimore): ASM Biothreats Conference
- 28 Feb 2018 (Brussels): Deadline for responses to IMI2 Call 13 (Topic 3) on AMR diagnostics
- 2 Mar 2016 (Berlin): BEAM-sponsored 1-day “Big Drugs for Bad Bugs” conference
- 11-16 Mar 2018 (Ventura Beach): Gordon Research Conference on Antibacterial Discovery
- 12-13 Mar 2018 (London): BSAC’s Spring Conference
- 27-29 Mar 2018 (Cardiff, UK): BSAC-sponsored 3-day residential Workshop on Susceptibility Testing
- 16 Apr 2018 (Washington): Duke-Margolis & FDA event: “Evaluating Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria in Clinical Trials”
- 21-24 Apr 2018 (Madrid): ECCMID
- [NEW] 4-7 Jun 2018 (Boston): BIO (multiple AMR-focused sessions are expected)
- 7-11 Jun 2018 (Atlanta): ASM Microbe
- 22-27 Jul 2018 (Bryant University, Smithfield, RI): Gordon Research Conference on Drug Resistance for Cancer, Infectious Disease and Agriculture
- [Don’t miss this one] 4-7 Sep 2018 ESCMID-ASM Conference (#3) on Drug Development for AMR (Lisbon, Portugal) (initial flyer)
- 6-14 Oct 2018 International Course on Antibiotics and Resistance (ICARe, Les Pensières, Annecy, France)