Dear All: Here’s a potpourri today of several new entries in the forward meetings list below my signature.
First, the US FDA will meet with CDSCO (Central Drugs Standard Control Organization, the Indian equivalent of FDA & EMA) in a workshop in Mumbai on 8 Mar. More details here! It’s great to see the global regulatory agencies continuing to collaborate … this meeting suggests that the FDA-EMA-PMDA (US-EU-Japan) tripartite might be on the path to expand! All very much to the good.
Second, the Longitude Prize and CARB-X are holding workshops in Boston (21 Mar) and Los Angeles (1 Apr). The workshops are an opportunity to discuss diagnostics, learn more about the Longitude Prize, and meet the team behind the Longitude Prize.
Third, NIAID has announced a Broad Agency Announcement (HHS-NIH-NIAID-BAA2019-1) for FY20 contracts focused on supporting efforts to develop new vaccine or therapeutics candidates targeting antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections. Proposals are due 20 May. Go here for more.
And of course, be sure to plan to be in Boston 3-6 Sep for the ASM-ESCMID developer’s meeting. The details are not yet posted, but I have had a preview of the program (I’m on the program committee) and it’s going to be an excellent meeting!
All best wishes, –jr
John H. Rex, MD | Chief Medical Officer, F2G Ltd. | Expert-in-Residence, Wellcome Trust. Follow me on Twitter: @JohnRex_NewAbx. See past newsletters and subscribe for the future: http://amr.solutions/blog/
Upcoming meetings of interest to the AMR community:
- 5-6 Mar 2019 (Washington): NIAID-sponsored workshop: Vaccine strategies for endemic fungal pathogens. Register here.
- [NEW] 8 Mar 2019 (Mumbai): US FDA-CDSCO-DIA Workshop on Global Anti-Infective Drug Development: Challenges and Opportunities. Register here.
- 8 Mar 2019 (everywhere): Deadline to respond to NIAID’s request for comments as its next 5-year strategic plan is produced. Go here for more.
- 14-15 Mar 2019 (Berlin): BEAM-, Novo REPAIR-, CARB-X-, DZIF-, ND4BB-ENABLE-sponsored (among a long list!) Berlin Conference on Novel Antimicrobials and AMR Diagnostics. Details here. Poster submissions are being accepted through 9 Jan (details here).
- 18 Mar 2019 (everywhere): Deadline for responding to the WHO call for data on preclinical antibiotic programs. Details here.
- [NEW] 21 March 2019 (Boston): Longitude Prize and CARB-X AMR Diagnostic Workshop. Local diagnostic developers invited to pitch! Details here.
- [NEW] 1 April 2019 (University of California, Los Angeles): Longitude Prize AMR Diagnostic Workshop and evening Lecture on the Longitude Prize. Details here.
- 21-22 Mar 2019 (Birmingham, UK): BSAC Spring Conference.
- 26 Mar 2019 (London, UK): Sponsored by The Economist, a 1-day symposium entitled “Antimicrobial Resistance: Preventing an antibiotic apocalypse.” Register here.
- 28 Mar 2019 (everywhere, 4-5.30p GMT): GARDP-sponsored webinar entitled “Clinical development for non-developers Part 3: Antibacterial Drug Enhancer Combinations and Non-traditional Products.” Register here.
- 11-12 Apr 2019 (Amsterdam): ESGAP–SWAB (European Study Group for Antibiotic Policies – Stichting Werkgroep Antibioticabeleid) Technical Workshop on measuring quantity and quality of antimicrobial use. Register here.
- 13-16 Apr 2019 (Amsterdam): Annual ECCMID meeting
- 16-18 Apr 2019 (Utrecht): ICOHAR, International Conference on One Health Antimicrobial Resistance. Organized by the ESCMID Study Group for Veterinary Microbiology (ESGVM).
- 24-26 Apr 2019 (Boston): Annual SHEA (Soc. for Hospital Epidemiology of America) Spring meeting
- 6-11 May 2019 (Ljubljana, Slovenia): 37th Annual Meeting of the European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases (ESPID). Details here.
- [NEW] 20 May 2019 (everywhere): Application deadline for NIAID solicitation (HHS-NIH-NIAID-BAA2019-1) for proposals to support new vaccine or therapeutics candidates targeting antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections. Go here for more details.
- 3-6 Jun 2019 (Philadelphia): Annual BIO meeting
- 10-11 June 2019 (Research Triangle Park, NC): AMR Action Summit on R&D and Commercialization. Sponsors include the British-American Business Council, the UK Gov’t, CARB-X, the NC Biotechnology Center, and others. Details here.
- 20-24 June 2019 (San Francisco): Annual ASM Microbe meeting.
- [Mark your calendar now!] 3-6 Sep 2019 (Boston). Annual ASM-ESCMID Conference on Antibiotic Development. The Bootcamp series will continue on 3 Sep with the main meeting on 4-6 Sep. Mark your calendar now and check back here for details.
- 6-8 Sep 2019 (Bilbao, Spain): 5th ESCMID conference on Vaccines. Check back here for details.
- 2-6 Oct 2019 (Washington, DC): IDSA’s annual IDWeek meeting.
- 19-27 Oct 2019 (Annecy, France): International Course on Antibiotics and Resistance (ICARe) – A soup-to-nuts intensive residential training program on all things AMR, especially R&D for new antibiotics. See this link for details.
- [Mark your calendar now!] 1-6 Mar 2020 (Il Ciocco, Tuscany, Italy): GRC on Antibacterial Discovery and Development: “Now is the time to re-boot antibiotic R&D before it’s too little, too late.” Not yet online, but the date is firm. Will share a link when it becomes available.