The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) has a standing list of funding opportunities (link), including an annual cycle to fund new therapeutics (link).
CFF have now teamed up with CARB-X to host a live webinar on June 11, from 10:00am – 11:00am ET, to introduce their new Infection Research Initiative. There’s not much detail on this online as yet, but it certainly sounds interesting.
During the webinar, Dr. Ann Field, Senior Director of Drug Discovery and Development at CFF, will discuss potential funding opportunities for therapeutic development of anti-infectives in key organisms of interest for CF infections.
To join this webinar, go here.
All best wishes, –jr
John H. Rex, MD | Chief Medical Officer, F2G Ltd. | Expert-in-Residence, Wellcome Trust. Follow me on Twitter: @JohnRex_NewAbx. See past newsletters and subscribe for the future: http://amr.solutions/blog/
Upcoming meetings of interest to the AMR community:
- 21 May 2019 (webinar, 1700-1830 CEST): REVIVE webinar entitled “Mining Chemical Libraries for New Antibacterials”. Go here to register.
- 10 June 2019 (everywhere): Application deadline for NIAID solicitation (HHS-NIH-NIAID-BAA2019-1) for proposals to support new vaccine or therapeutics candidates targeting antibiotic-resistant bacterial infections. Go here for more details.
- 3-6 Jun 2019 (Philadelphia): Annual BIO meeting
- 4 Jun 2019 (webinar, 4 June, 13:30-15:00 CEST / 17:00-18:30 IST / 18:30-20:00 ICT). Repeat of REVIVE webinar entitled “Mining Chemical Libraries for New Antibacterials”. Go here to register.
- 11 June 2019 (webinar, 17:00-18:30 CEST): REVIVE webinar entitled “Models for antimicrobial R&D: Development and use of in vivo models for infectious disease research”. Go here to register
- [NEW] 11 June 2019 (webinar, 11.00-12.00 EST): CARB-X and CFF (Cystic Fibrosis Foundation) webinar on CFF’s new infection research initiative. Go here to register.
- 20-24 June 2019 (San Francisco): Annual ASM Microbe meeting.
- 9 July 2019 (webinar, 17:00-18:30 CEST): REVIVE webinar entitled “Infection models for antimicrobial R&D: Intracellular models”. Go here to register.
- 10-11 Jul 2019 (Madison, WI): Tiny Earth Symposium, a teaching consortium that uses crowd-sourcing of antibiotic-producing microbes to improve undergraduate education. Details here.
- 12 July 2019 (FDA, White Oak Campus): Public workshop to discuss the 2018 LPAD guidance. Register here.
- [Mark your calendar now!] 3-6 Sep 2019 (Boston). Annual ASM-ESCMID Conference on Antibiotic Development. The Bootcamp series will continue on 3 Sep with main meeting on 4-6 Sep. Mark your calendar now and check back here for details.
- 6-8 Sep 2019 (Bilbao, Spain): 5th ESCMID conference on Vaccines. Check back here for details.
- 2-6 Oct 2019 (Washington, DC): IDSA’s annual IDWeek meeting.
- 19-27 Oct 2019 (Annecy, France): International Course on Antibiotics and Resistance (ICARe) – A soup-to-nuts intensive residential training program on all things AMR, especially R&D for new antibiotics. See this link for details.
- 1-6 Mar 2020 (Il Ciocco, Tuscany, Italy): GRC on Antibacterial Discovery and Development: “Now is the time to re-boot antibiotic R&D before it’s too little, too late.” Go here for details.
- 12-13 Mar 2020 (Berlin?): BEAM-, Novo REPAIR-, CARB-X-, DZIF-, ND4BB-, ENABLE-supported (among a long list!) Conference on Novel Antimicrobials and AMR Diagnostics. Final location is TBD, details will appear here, and you should mark your calendar now.
- 16-17 Mar 2020 (London): BSAC Spring Conference entitled: “Bridging the gap between science, policy and effective antimicrobial use.” Go here for details.
- 18-21 Apr 2020 (Paris): Annual ECCMID meeting (#30)
- 10-13 Apr 2021 (Vienna): Annual ECCMID meeting (#31)