Now available is the initial flyer for next year’s ESCMID-ASM Conference on Drug Development to Meet the Challenge of Antimicrobial Resistance. This third meeting will be 4-7 Sep 2018 in Lisbon and will follow the prior (and excellent!) meetings #1 (Vienna, 2016) and #2 (Boston, 2017).
Although you can’t register for it yet (and I’ll let you know as soon as know how to do that), I strongly encourage you to at least go ahead and mark your calendar to plan to attend #3 if possible. As encouragement, see here my two notes from meeting #2 (the CARB-X & GARDP bootcamps and the great lectures by EMA, FDA and NICE). These notes don’t cover everything that happened, but they do give you a taste of the content.
All best wishes, –jr
John H. Rex, MD | Chief Medical Officer, F2G Ltd. | Expert-in-Residence, Wellcome Trust. Follow me on Twitter: @JohnRex_NewAbx. See past newsletters and subscribe for the future: http://amr.solutions/blog/
Upcoming meetings of interest to the AMR community:
- 11-19 Nov 2017 (Annecy, France): International Course on Antibiotics and Resistance (ICARE)
- 13-19 Nov 2017 WHO’s World Antibiotic Awareness Week
- 15 Nov 2017 (London): BSAC: AMR Market Lounges. Networking day.
- 20 Nov 2017 (week of, China): UK-China Newton Fund Workshop: Antimicrobial Resistance Centre Partnerships Initiative.
- 20 Nov 2017 (London): Early Career Researcher Workshop on Diagnostics for Antimicrobial Resistance.
- 24-27 Nov 2017 (Taipei): 30th International Congress of Chemotherapy & Infection (ICC)
- [NEW] 7-8 Dec 2017 (Birmingham, UK): Antibiotic Resistance and Mechanisms Workshop (BSAC)
- 12-14 Feb 2018 (Baltimore): ASM Biothreats Conference
- 11-16 Mar 2018 (Ventura Beach): Gordon Research Conference on Antibacterial Discovery
- 21-24 Apr 2018 (Madrid): ECCMID
- 7-11 Jun 2018 (Atlanta): ASM Microbe
- 22-27 Jul 2018 (Bryant University, Smithfield, RI): Gordon Research Conference on Drug Resistance for Cancer, Infectious Disease and Agriculture
- 4-7 Sep 2018 ESCMID-ASM Conference (#3) on Drug Development for AMR (initial flyer)